BaltCoast is the acronym for a Baltic ICZM Project called “A systems Approach Framework for Coastal Research and Management in the Baltic”. This Project was developed to overcome the lack of a holistic approach which integrates different human activities with ecosystems capacity and environmental forcing, therefore, BaltCoast has the ultimate objective of developing a coherent and systematic management approach that encompasses multiple impacts in a spatially heterogeneous context, by using Systems Approach Framework (SAF) as a tool to be applied through case studies that reflect current regional management challenges and develop a generic tool for integrated system assessment.
Tasks of the EUCC-Germany: support of the case study Szczecin Lagoon, communication and public relations
Duration: 2015 through 2018
Funding Partner: EU (BONUS)
BONUS BALTCOAST project has received funding from BONUS (Art 185), funded jointly by the EU and Baltic Sea national funding institutions.
The work for the project BaltCoast has been in progress since April 2015. Updates will be regularly posted on this page.
- Coastal & MarinE-News (6-2016)
- Küsten Newsletter 3/2016 (German)
- Coastal & MarinE-News (3-2016)
- Küsten Newsletter 6/2015 (German)
- Coastal & MarinE-News (11-2015)
- Küsten Newsletter 5/2015 (German)
- Coastal & MarinE-News (5-2015)
- Küsten Newsletter 3/2015 (German)
- Küsten Newsletter 2/2015 (German)
BaltCoast project website: www.baltcoast.net