CHERISH – Creating opportunities for regional growth through promoting Cultural HERitage of fISHing communities in Europe
The main objective of CHERISH is to improve regional development policies to protect and promote cultural heritage in fishing communities in order to boost attractiveness of these regions for businesses, citizens and tourists.
Fishery communities in the EU share the same challenges with regard to climate change, tourism pressure and the transformation of the European fishing industry. The EU recognizes the valuable role of their cultural heritage for sustainable development and stimulates increased efforts to better position and profile the fishing communities, including it’s intangible heritage, like myths to daily practices, traditions, ecological knowledge and crafts. Through the development and implementation of new strategies utilising cultural assets of fishing communities new jobs and new products or services are created as well.
Interregional cooperation and policy learning will allow exchange of experiences on the development of policy for the protection and promotion of cultural heritage in fishing communities via the integration of the lessons learnt into the regional policies.
EUCC-D acts as an advisory partner in the project CHERISH and is, amongst other things, responsible for internal communication as well as stakeholder involvement.
Duration: 06/2018 – 05/2023
Funding: Interreg Europe Programme 2014-2020, European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- Küsten Newsletter (in German) 6/2019
- Küsten Newsletter (in German) 5/2019
- Küsten Newsletter (in German) 4/2019
- Küsten Newsletter (in German) 3/2019
- Küsten Newsletter (in German) 2/2019
- Küsten Newsletter (in German) 6/2018
- Küsten Newsletter (in German) 5/2018
- Coastal and MarinE-News 10-2019
- Coastal and MarinE-News 08-2019
- Coastal and MarinE-News 04-2019
- Coastal and MarinE-News 12-2018